Does anybody read these?

Monday, September 25, 2006

Adventures in the Music City...

So, Alexis came to visit me on Saturday afternoon. Well, it was supposed to be afternoon, but Southwest was mean to her, so she didn't arrive until 8:15. We left the airport and headed straight downtown for drinking. I hesitate to y'all this so no one thinks I'm a raging alcoholic, but we had a lot of fun. My friend Ashley and her boyfriend Josh met us downtown. We went to Robert's, Legends, Crossroads and Full Moon Saloon. That was my first visit to Crossroads and I loved it. Oh, and we went to Jack's for dinner, but they forgot our cornbread, and we didn't have any carbs to soak up the booze. I danced with strange boys, but I think I managed to not make an ass of myself. Yay for that!

Sunday night was completely dead except that there were TONS of people at Lonnie's, which was hilarious because I'd decided I was going to sing a little. But I was relatively sober, Alexis was a whole lotta sober because she'd already drank JD and can't mix booze and beer and Lonnie's doesn't have a license for spirits. Anyhow, they never got to my turn, so we decided to see what else was going on, which was pretty much nothing.

But when we sat down at Legends, look what 45 was under the plexiglass on the bar RIGHT in front of me.



It's too bad that I didn't get singing time because I sang to Kay on the phone, and she said I did great. So, we'll save it for her berfday.

There was this chap who sang at Lonnie's who was quite blog-worthy. They called his name and he walks toward the front. I noticed the white palm-leaf hat right away. I turn to Alexis: Bet you 20 bucks I know what he's going to sing.

She looks at me and shakes her head. She won't take a sucker bet. Of course, she'd already noticed that he had a certain silver bracelet on his wrist.

His song? Keg in the Closet.

Funny thing is, I'm sure if he'd try to sound a little more like himself and less like Kenny, he might've done OK. But he sounded way too nasally because he was pretending to be the Pretty Princess.

Speaking of the Pretty Princess, I came up with a new nickname for him, but I totally stole it from Anne's nickname for her boss. Anyhow, someone look at this picture and tell me that we shouldn't call him Sweet Ass. Really.



That's really it from KennyLand. Nothing else worth mentioning today. Not really, anyway...

1 comment(s):

YaY to singing on my berfday. I'm sure in the 5 days I'm there we'll fit lots of singing in... And about Mr Sweet Ass, for some reason I find the back of his head very sexy in that pix. Even sexier then that tractor of his... who loves ya baby?!? *MUAH*

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/25/2006 11:07 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home