Does anybody read these?

Friday, September 22, 2006

So the Pretty Princess has a new CD...

OK, I finally got my copy of the Pretty Princess' new CD. It's fun. It's live. It's a lot of good memories. It would've been perfect to have had before I dragged the Fort Wayne girls along for the ride Labor Day weekend. Because you can listen to it and get what his shows are like. To a tee.

That being said, it's not going to win any Grammies. One thing I've always said about the Pretty Princess (and I LOVE him, so don't leave me nasty comments!) is that he may not be the most talented songwriter in Nashville, he may not be the best guitarist, but he works harder than anyone else in this town. That's why he's successful. And this live CD proves it. He's having fun and he's working hard. And his voice IS unique. You never hear his new song and wonder if he's singing it or some other "Hat Act." Honestly, that's what drew me to him all those years ago.

This probably wasn't the best CD to get so soon after retiring. Perhaps I can be talked out of it? I seriously doubt it. Although Kay did say she's dragging my ass to a Keg show because they don't count. I have only agreed to go because they are in bars and there will be plenty of whiskey for me.

My favorite songs on the CD are the songs that have always been my favorite live: How Forever Feels and Tractor. And I'd just like to say that the only thing worse than air guitar might be air fiddle. Not that I do it. But if I did, it'd be mighty silly. I also liked "On the Coast of Somewhere Beautiful," which I've never managed to hear live. It's just such a haunting song, and the CD doesn't do it justice. Or maybe it was just the Princess' tight white top he wore to sing it last night on Leno. I don't normally think he's hot, but I just wanted to kidnap his scrawny little ass and force him to be my love slave. Hot freaking damn.

So, I listen and I roll right down memory lane, which I do believe is the purpose of this CD. This from the man who brought us "I Go Back."

It's an appropriate soundtrack for Day One of the Prove to Me You're Not a Dick Countdown, BUT the song of the day is "Innocence" by Sarah Buxton. Just cause I like it and it would've been yesterday's if I hadn't been lazy. I'll talk more about Sarah later. You'll love her!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home