Does anybody read these?

Friday, September 22, 2006

One more reason to be addicted to the Internet...

Have y'all heard of Fafarazzi?

It rocks.

You've heard of fantasy football/baseball/hockey, etc. You have a draft, you get a team and you compete against other teams and earn points based on how the guys on your team do. You can trade, put people on waivers and pick up new people. It's fun, apparently, if you like sports a lot. I was going to play fantasy football once but I think I was confused about what kind of fantasy, because everyone kept saying I couldn't have Peyton Manning, Joey Harrington and Tom Brady on the same team. (Just exactly whose fantasy was it, then?)

Anyhoo, Fafarazzi is a fantasy celebrity league.

You pick your favorite celebrities, have a draft and then you get points when your celebrities do crazy shit.

The person who came up with this? Pure genius.

The draft is done and the season has begun. Here's a little chart with my team. I think I did well, although I should've picked Matt LeBlanc because he got HUGE points for getting divorced and, of course, Pete Doherty is a train wreck. I'm just waiting for Clay Aiken to come out and for this whole Dog the Bounty Hunter thing to BLOW UP. And, of course, I tried to draft the Pretty Princess' ex-wife but I didn't get her. Then her ass had to go sleep with George Clooney and get points.

[This is where my team would go in a cool little chart if Fafarazzi's cheap piece of shit code didn't have tags that I can't figure out how to close. Oh well. I'll just make a list that's totally boring instead.]

My team:
Madonna
Nick Lachey (who got points for NOT sleeping with Lindsay Lohan. What's that say, really?)
Clay Aiken
Lance Armstrong
Keira Knightley
Tara Reid
Denise Richards
David Spade
Mario Lopez (I'm hoping I'll get some points for this Dancing with the Stars thing. Or maybe he'll bang Eva Longoria while Tony Parker's not looking. Again.)
Duane "Dog" Chapman (he's in jail! How's that not worth points?!)

It's fun. You should all try it. It gives a little more purpose to our disturbing fascination with celebrities.

3 comment(s):

Oh I am soooooooooo addicted now!

By Blogger Unknown, at 9/22/2006 11:19 PM  

Sounds like it could be fun!!!

By Blogger Unknown, at 9/23/2006 5:38 PM  

Oh my gosh that sounds like so much fun!

By Blogger fre, at 9/25/2006 8:25 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home