Does anybody read these?

Monday, September 18, 2006

The eternal debate...

So, stupid new beta blogger with privacy settings is blocking out my real, legitimate friends from seeing my blog. This is an issue. At the same time, I am really digging the peace that I receive by not having crazy-ass Internet stalkers. I guess they still stalk me on MySpace, at least as best they can with my profile set to private.

There have been days that I've debated just chucking all the usernames, profiles, etc. and starting all over with a fresh slate. However, then I realize that would require me to reinvent more than a user name; I'd have to alter my reality. I can't do that. I don't have the energy to sit around and think up a flashy story to make my life different than what's really happening. I think that's why I really couldn't fathom all the shit with the Pretty Princess' "secret girlfriend" last year. I just couldn't imagine sitting around and dreaming up little scenarios when there's so much real life to be lived. And it has to be exhausting. I KNOW that I'd trip up on the little details, even if I decided to become "Sally" or something. And besides, let's look at this realistically: I shouldn't have to disappear into thin air and reinvent myself because other people lied. That's ridiculous.

So, I don't know what I'm going to do. Beth turned me on to a program that allows you to block commenters' IP addresses, but it can't block them from reading. That's the problem here. I always feel guarded. My words are turned and twisted and accusations are made. It doesn't really affect me that much, I just really want to help them move on. All the anger can't be healthy. And the lies DO need to stop. Not just about me, but about everything. They need to leave my friends alone. That's why my MySpace is private now, because they were harrassing my friends.

Really, it's bad enough that they steamrolled me and treated me the way they did, but I've been over it for years. I made my peace with God and I still continue to pray for them to this day. They need (and deserve) healing and closure, because they obviously don't have it yet. They, in turn, spend every waking minute of their day tracking me like an elephant on safari and trying to convince all my friends that I'm this evil person incapable of telling the truth.

I don't get it. I doubt I ever will.

And after reading this post, I have a feeling that someone will be returning publicly to the blogosphere sometime soon.

Oh, and the last time someone thought he'd stalk and bully me on the Internet I made a little call to his local police department and they took care of it.

Just saying, that's all...

2 comment(s):

Sounds like you are divorced and dealing with an ex...lol...wait that is my world sorry....lol

By Blogger maynard, at 9/20/2006 8:01 AM  

Oh, maynard, don't I wish? Exes are so much easy to deal with. Except luckily I have no children with these folks, homes, joint back accounts, etc., so unlike you I can say "F off" and stop dealing. Yay!

By Blogger Laura, at 9/20/2006 8:29 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home