Does anybody read these?

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Politics...

So, we're down to a little over a week. Now that the World Series is over, it's time to play some real ball.

I hate to make predictions, so I'll just share observations.

First of all, here in Tennessee. I want Harold Ford to win. Bob Corker and the Republicans have gotten dirty and the racism is so obvious. Corker's also not yet mentioned anything that he'll do for Tennessee or the rest of our country in the Senate. It's nice that you went to UT and you're from Chattanooga. GooGoo Clusters and Little Debbie cakes are from Chattanooga, but I wouldn't elect them to Congress.

But deep down is the South ready for a black U.S. Senator? I've seen so much racism that I'm just not sure... This one is way too close to call.

Ohio, Ohio, I miss thee. You might actually make me proud. It looks like my former boss Rep. Strickland and his Congressional counterpart Sherrod Brown will both win their races. Maybe it'll change the tide in Ohio politics. Or maybe these guys are such great lawmakers and truly do what's best for their constituents that they transcend partisan politics.

This whole Michael J. Fox thing disturbs me. Rush Limbaugh crossed a new low by suggesting that Mike was acting when his Parkinson's flared up in recent ads supporting stem-cell research. Tacky, tacky, tacky. I hope Limbaugh never gets any type of debilitating disease, but if he does, I'll be the first to pick fun at him.

Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton are both positioning themselves for a 2008 presidential race. Let's see what happens this year first, OK? Barack, you just got to the Senate. Earn your stripes. And I'm just not sure the world's ready for either of them to be President. I still think there's a lot of racism in this country and people don't particularly respect women either. Should we challenge those barriers? Yes, but at the same time, I worry about our country if we can't change the course of events, and that means getting a Democrat elected to the White House. A great one who can do the job, not a junior senator with a big name...

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home