Does anybody read these?

Monday, December 11, 2006

A couple of random thoughts...

First of all, I'm on major deadlines at work this week. I have a press release, a newsletter article and a magazine article to get done by Friday, plus I'm finishing up a brochure. I also believe I have some copy to write for our conference brochure because my logo design won!!! I was so excited. My theme idea was one that our Executive Director had pooh-poohed in the past, but I thought it was perfect for the event. So I went and found this great graphic and whipped out some exciting fonts, and voila, he picked my design! He even made a comment about "Didn't we do this theme before?" and they told him that it hadn't ever made the final cut before.

Sometime soon (in between cleaning my room, taking the picture for my Christmas card and writing my Christmas letter), I will tell you all about the Bob Seger show. To sum it up in one word: Amazing. And I was closer to Driver than I was Eric. Woo-hoo!

I wanted to tell y'all that you're doing great on my "How Well Do You Know Me?" quiz. I put a trick question in there, and it was kind of a two-pointer, and I think it got most of you. I do love my Colts, but football's really not cold enough for me. (Does that help?!?) But Jesse Jackson? Nahhhh. No one guessed Jeb Bush though. I'm proud of y'all. Too many of you think that I went to that school in Columbus where the 60,000 assholes go. That's precisely why I hate that institution of "higher learning!"

Speaking of college, I'm still working on finding someone to go to Mobile with me. I'm resorting to bribery. I just don't think I can make the trip by myself, but I think I'm the only OU grad here in the Southland. I asked Ashley and she laughed at me. Maybe that's my paybacks for hating Ohio State?!?

I want to do a retroactive song of the day. On Friday while I was out driving, I heard "Happy Christmas (War is Over)" by John Lennon. Of course, Friday was the 26th anniversary of John Lennon's death. So, I was more moved than usual by that song. However, I've been swamped at the Land of Misfit Toys this weekend, so this was the first time I could mention it.

I'll check in when I can. Hope all my loyal readers have a good week!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home