Does anybody read these?

Saturday, December 30, 2006

I think I just might live!!!

My surgery was uneventful, and my purse wasn't even as frightened as I thought when I got my bill. I seem to be recovering nicely, but time should tell.

They put me under. That was great. I remember the dentist saying that he was from Indiana and used to go to King's Island and then next thing I knew I was in Walgreen's and the pharmacy assistant was getting my drugs. She said "Did you just have surgery? Bless your heart." Or something like that. She might've said something about My Little Ponies.

I hadn't eaten since last night, so when I woke up to a ringing phone around 8, I found some soft things to eat and then I took some meds. It's about time for more narcotics. Yay! The painkillers are making me woozy and I'm catching up on lost time, so I've probably had too much food. I don't feel terrible, though. That's good.

I might even be back to the Land of Misfit Toys by Sunday. I'm not sure if I have to work or not. The schedule wasn't up when I left last night.

Interesting drug-induced side note: Have you ever seen the South Park where Stan (I think it's Stan) tries to act out the "Say Anything" scene to get his girlfriend back? Except he plays some other Peter Gabriel song, not "In Your Eyes."

That reminded me that I haven't mentioned going Lloyd Dobler on anyone's ass lately... Let's call that Plan B.

Of course, Plan A seems to be sucking ass right now.

2 comment(s):

I had two teeth removed at the same time that the roots had grown around my jaw bone. I was told during my check up that I now have what is called a "Glass Jaw". I have two holes in my jaw that you can feel under my chin and was told not to let anyone sucker punch me because my Jaw could break. But that is because I had two removed :o)

I am the queen of tooth removal as I have had almost 25 teeth removed because most of my baby teeth didn't fall out on there own. By far getting knocked out is the way to go.

Just don't get too ahead of yourself and start eating salt water taffy or something silly like that and you will be fine.

Chinner up buckaroo!

LOL It helps you not to drool as much!

By Blogger one4JC, at 12/30/2006 10:08 AM  

That was a cute rambly pain med post! I hate the dentist as well and I really hate surgery at the dentist. Just remember to stay on the pain meds..take them when it doesnt hurt so you do nt get to the point that it does. For some reason pain in your mouth is the worst thing ever! (except maybe an ear ache)

Take care of yourself!

By Blogger Kelli, at 1/03/2007 6:59 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home