Does anybody read these?

Friday, December 22, 2006

When Happy Hour never ends...

You all probably have noticed by now that my friend Ashley and I meet once a week to go out to dinner and see what other trouble we can get into. Generally we do this downtown. We shoot for Thursday nights because it's Shepherd's Pie night at Market Street. We love Shepherd's Pie.

I didn't get lunch today, so I was starving by the time 5:30 rolled around. Except it was closer to 6 p.m. because we stopped to buy Pralines and Caramels at Leon's, the world-famous candy shop. I got a tin of goodies for a Christmas gift and a free Jack Daniel's praline. We also met the owner, Leon, and his lovely wife. Great place. If you're a fan of Southern candy, check out their Web site.

After dinner we did a little more shopping, and then swung by Crossroads to see my friend Jewels sing. We tried to catch her a few Thursdays ago, and she wasn't singing that night. She was tonight. This is the first time I saw her live, and it was a blast.

We had just planned to make an appearance and then leave. Until we realized that one of my new favorite artists, Jason Michael Carroll, was sitting there in the bar watching Jewels' set. She asked him if he'd stay and sing, so needless to say, we were staying to hear him sing, especially my current favorite song, "Alyssa Lies."

Ashley and I went over and talked to Jason. He remembered me from the concert we saw for Kay's birthday, and we just had a lot of fun hanging out with him. He's a great guy, and I think he's going to go really far in this town.

We went over to Legends, but Bobby wasn't there so I wished Desi a Merry Christmas, and we headed home for the evening. It had been more than four hours since we met up to grab a bite to eat and a drink or two.

That's just one more thing I love about Nashville. You never know who you might run into while you're out and about. But, this also means that you sometimes get home from Happy Hour after everyone in your house has gone to sleep.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home