Does anybody read these?

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Santa Claus?

I think I told you all that I thought my holiday spirit could be fleeting. And today it hit me like a ton of bricks. It wasn't really the Land of Misfit Toys; it wasn't terrible this evening. There was only one person who was mean to me all night. I can go home if I want to (and yes, I'm still debating that), so I'm not upset about that.

I think I just need to believe in Santa Claus this year.

Recently a friend of mine wrote a story about a Christmas Past that could only be chalked up to Santa Claus. (To see it, go here, and scroll down to December 11.) Trust me, in my typical Laura fashion, I grilled and analyzed and tried to figure out a way to contribute it to anything but Santa Claus. But Carter swears he didn't build it, as does his dad, so really there's no one left. And somebody ate the cookies!

I'm exhausted. I'm terrified about my tooth surgery, and I still haven't found someone to take me and pick me up from the dentist that day. I am not ready for Christmas in the slightest. I still have two gifts to buy. Nothing else is wrapped. I don't have any clean clothes to wear to Ohio, and I'm really not looking forward to the whirlwind trip. I'm not positive that I want to go, but I don't really want to miss my family either.

And, to top it all off, this holiday season I have something that's nagging at me. Big time. And I just don't know what to do about it.

All I want to do is bury my head in the sand and nap. I'm tired. I'm frustrated.

That's where Santa Claus comes in. You see, there's this one Christmas gift that only he knows about. Because, really, I don't know anyone else who could bring it to me.

So, I'm putting my bets on Ol' Saint Nick this year. I'm really hoping he'll deliver.

I'll just be curious to see how he gets my gift down the chimney.

How about all of you? Anyone out there still believe in Santa Claus or am I being the silliest grown-up ever?

4 comment(s):

I so Want to believe in Santa. I really - REALLY do, but I just can't anymore.

Sorry L.

By Blogger Unknown, at 12/23/2006 12:15 PM  

I know. I think it might be a little far-fetched, but right now it's all I've got. We'll see what I get in my stocking...

By Blogger Laura, at 12/23/2006 10:40 PM  

I think Santa exists in our Hearts and how we treat people.

I guess it isn't that I believe in Santa as much as I believe that there are still some truly good people left in the world. People who do things without expecting in return or having a string attached to it.

By Blogger one4JC, at 12/24/2006 1:35 PM  

You are bright, luminous and you are LOVED. Believe, that's what I say! I'm sorry we haven't connected on the phone just yet. In the next few days. Hang in there...love you!! xoxo

By Blogger TanteToma, at 12/24/2006 7:21 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home