Does anybody read these?

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Curses! Foiled again!

I had this big long post about our efforts to draft Al Gore to run for President in 2008, but it seems he's still staying he's not going to.

This makes me sad. Al Gore rocks. He is our nation's best hope for recovery. We need to go back to the way things were in the Clinton Years, and he knew how to do it the first time.

Don't say, "But that's why we have Hillary."

I don't believe she's electable. I don't think any of the Democrats who have announced so far would be.

Al Gore has the most experience. He is the smartest. He is a diplomat. He's nominated for an Oscar and a Nobel Peace Prize. He's a winner, and he would win.

Maybe America in 2000 wasn't ready for Albert Gore Jr. to be president, but we are now. Our nation is hurting, and I truly believe that Al's got the first-aid kit.

I know he most likely won't run, but I've been accused of living in fantasy land before.

I'd like a fantasy land where people had jobs and homes and a decent wage and trees for shade and clean air and a nation respected around the world.

That's not Fantasy Land, though. That's the US of A, circa 1998.

That's why we need Al Gore. We need him as much as the environment does.

I'll just cross my fingers. Perhaps if Al doesn't dive in the race, someone who can beat Mitt Romney or Rudy Giuliani will...

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home