Does anybody read these?

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Star struck...

I have a big day tomorrow, and I'm not yet in bed, so this will be a quick post.

I have met a lot of celebrities. I've met the President of the United States (not this one), sports figures, musicians and even a Miss America. And I can't ever recall ever being starstruck.

So tonight at work, imagine my surprise when my boss mentions that my absolutely, postively all-time favorite singer, Miss Tanya Tucker was there, and I started to get wobbly and I was so nervous because I was finally going to get to meet her.

Oh. My. Goodness. I just heard her give an interview on the radio this morning, and in just a few minutes I'd be talking to her. I couldn't even think.

As you know, I have trouble recognizing celebrities outside of their natural habitat. Had I seen Tanya before I heard her, I may not have realized who it was. But after 27 years of listening to her music, I recognized her voice when I heard her talking to my boss.

Oh. My. Goodness. I'm going to make as ass of myself. I can feel it.

Next thing I knew she was standing there. Wow. She's right in front of me. Take it all in. Mental picture for the memory book.

All along I was praying that she would be as nice as I'd always hoped she'd be if I met her. Because if she was an asshole it'd devastate me. I've loved her music since I was a little girl.

So, I rang up all her stuff and as she's getting ready to pay, I said: "Miss Tucker, I am not going to make a fuss about you because I'm sure you don't want that, but I wanted to let you know that you're my favorite singer."*

She said that really meant a lot to her and thanked me.

Then we talked about her interview on the radio today, her new CD that's coming out and just life in general. She was as sweet as pie. She was everything that I expected her to be. I've gone through a lot of shit at that job over the last 9 months, but honestly meeting her made it all worth it.

* I don't want you to get the false impression that my comments came out nearly that eloquently. That's what I said, but I choked up a couple of times and kept stammering. I'm pretty sure that Miss Tucker walked out and said "How nice of them to give that nice stupid girl a job."

1 comment(s):

Did you ever watch "Tuckerville" on TLC? It was awesome. I loved it. She seems pretty darn down to earth. In one episode she took her favorite Wal-Mart employee to the recording studio with her. Maybe she'll be back to get you someday! LOL

By Blogger Sheri, at 3/27/2007 12:44 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home