Does anybody read these?

Monday, March 19, 2007

Decisions...

A friend hurts you. How do you broach the subject? Do you? When you're dying inside and you really want someone to know how you feel -- perhaps feel it a little themselves -- what do you do or say? Do you just drop it for the sake of the friendship? Maybe you realize it wasn't a friendship at all and fade into black before they notice you're missing?

I've run into this situation more than once lately. Friends hurt my feelings and I just don't know if it's worth disturbing the peace. Will our friendship be OK in the long run if I put my feelings on the back-burner right now?

Every time, I respond differently. And every, single time, I'm pretty damn sure I've made the wrong decision.

Why do people we love hurt us so much? And are we truly the bigger person if we love them so much that we let them continue to do it in order to spare their feelings?

Song of the day: Everybody Hurts by REM. In two interesting sidenotes: Automatic for the People is my favorite REM album, and I've been a fan of theirs forever. The cassette was yellow. Secondly, this song was in one of my favorite movies, When A Man Loves A Woman, with Andy Garcia and Meg Ryan. If you haven't seen it, grab a hanky and check it out.

Second sidebar: I found this picture on someone's MySpace recently. Now, when I think about whose MySpace it was, I find the whole thing slightly ironic, but I think I really need to hold the words to heart, even if the messenger needs to be sent off to a desert island.

Karma's a bitch, you know. I can't think of one time that someone's unfair actions didn't come back to bite them in the ass...

2 comment(s):

I can safely say that I agree with you LJ, and I know what you're going through. Seems that I've lost more friends than gained lately because I tried to go against the norm for me and say how I feel. Lost the friends anyway. Sometimes it's damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Eh, life goes on I suppose. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/19/2007 7:59 PM  

I can relate to this post in so many ways. I have found that people I thought were my friends weren't really my friend afterall. And the Karma thing...Yuppers!!! She's a bitch. Whatever is put out comes back. I am still waiting to see Karma get a couple people.

By Blogger Daisy, at 3/21/2007 9:41 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home