Does anybody read these?

Sunday, April 29, 2007

31

Fuck it, I'm going to tell y'all what I need to tell you.

I'm going to be 31 years old in three weeks. And I realized tonight, that it's time to act like a fucking grown up.

I can't let life pass me by while I sit on a bar stool. I can't drink to shut my brain off, ease the pain, whatever else.

For the 31 days of May, including my 31st birthday, I am going to take a break from drinking. I can't spend all my time and money in a bar. I can't cope with my life by drowning in the booze. I need to just stop.

I know that people had plans for my birthday, and I'm sure that'll make them sad, but I need to do this for me. I joke about sharing a room at Cumberland Heights with Keith Urban, but it isn't funny.

I'm not 21 anymore. I can't party like I am.

And, at the least, I'm fucking sick of my clothes and hair stinking.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home