Does anybody read these?

Thursday, April 12, 2007

No effing joke...

My horoscope that was waiting in my inbox this morning. At this point, I don't know that any of you will know why this is significant, but it is.

Oh, and my current soundtrack for irony is "Missing Years" by Little Texas, which is playing on GAC as I type this.

I need to get ready for work. If I ever figure out how to articulate my thoughts, maybe I'll share them with you. But for the first time in a long time, I wished I had my very private, paper journal back. Because I need to scream, cry and blame myself before I can put on my happy face, I think...

April 12, 2007
Conscious Openness
Gemini Daily Horoscope
You may feel tolerant and liberal-minded today, which could make it easier for you to be more accepting of various beliefs and lifestyles. Being open to the diversity that exists in the world might be because you feel more in touch with the universal nature of the human experience and recognize that there are common threads binding all of us together. As you encounter other ideas today, you might wish to put this sense of receptiveness into action by noticing the thoughts that tend to cross your mind. For example, you might reflect on whether or not you are excited by new ideas, afraid of them, or critical. Knowing how you respond to something that is different can help you break down the barriers you have in your mind and make it easier for you to open up to a new ideas and different experiences.

Acceptance doesn't always come naturally—we need to be consciously aware of our thoughts in order to genuinely cultivate tolerance. For many of us it might be easy to say that we really understand ideas or lifestyles that are different from our own, but to really mean this understanding has to happen on a much more visceral level. Once we are clued into the workings of our mind, however, we can see how to open ourselves up to things that might at first see difficult to grasp, and our understanding unfolds and expands as well. Seeing how you process the world will help you truly embrace the differences that exist in others today.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home