Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Birthday fun!

I had a great birthday. My strategy the last few years has been to spread the celebration out over several days so that you don't even notice that you've gotten a year older.

So, the fun started on Thursday.

(As a side note, I was doing really good with that whole 31 days thing. We learned that I am not an alcoholic; I don't need to be drunk to have fun; and people love me, even when I'm sober. But you'll notice I used past tense here...)

We went to Crossroads to see Jewels Thursday. That was fun. Some tourist from Minnesota bought us drinks, so we drank them. I accidentally had a little too much whiskey and Kay had to drive me home. Yay, Kay!

On Friday, I rushed home from work to change my clothes and meet Kay before the Tim McGraw show at the Ryman. Kay told me she was bringing me a birthday present, but I never expected it to be Amy, who had come down from Indiana for my birthday. That was awesome. As was McGraw. He's great. I didn't drink too much Friday night.

Saturday night we went to Crossroads, and Ashley, Melissa and Jen met up with us there. Ashley and I played some fiercely competitive Mahjongg on the computer before we got too drunk to play. Then there were birthday shots, which were yummy. We had a blast. The band sang Happy Birthday and I danced with some guy I didn't know. Fun times.

Sunday morning Melissa, Jen, Ashley and I headed off to Lynchburg to tour the Jack Daniel's plant. We really enjoyed our trip and it was a beautiful day to go out to the country, and maybe even try to corral a few horses while we were at it.

After we got home, we had a birthday cookout at my house. Lots of my friends came over and we just had a great time catching up and eating rainbow birthday cupcakes! After supper, a few of us headed to Lonnie's for karaoke madness. We butchered several songs and then headed home for a late-night gab session in the kitchen. Finally at 2:30, I told people they either needed to go home or go to sleep because I had to work Monday.

I arrived at work to find a present on my desk. I love presents! The girls in the office took me out to lunch, and the folks at Applebee's made a huge fuss over me. This was partly because they bend over to kiss our asses after our little incident a few months ago.

Last night Kay and I had grand plans that didn't happen. We did go to see Glen sing at Legends, where he did a very amusing version of "Livin' Our Love Song" just for me. We didn't go out to supper, because I was still full from Applebee's. And we didn't drink, because the four days of pre-partying had pretty much done us in. Brandon called us "disappointing."

So, now it's back to reality. I have tons of things to do here at work, so that's keeping me busy. I have to work tonight and tomorrow in toy hell, and plan to spend my days off from toy hell looking for a new job that is not toy hell. We'll see how that goes.

On Friday, I have plans to get a massage. That will be nice. I took a bubble bath last night, and that did help, but Kay says I am in desperate need of a massage. She left her table in South Dakota because it didn't fit in her car when she moved, so I am going to Brandon's school. He thought I would request him, but I explained to him that I couldn't let him see me naked. I am sure I flashed him on Saturday at some point, because apparently I flashed everyone, but that's totally different ...

2 comment(s):

Very glad to hear that you had such a good birthday!

By Blogger rosalie, at 5/22/2007 8:41 PM  

Holy crap!
That sounds like a hoot!
Happy Birthday!

By Blogger Unknown, at 5/24/2007 8:03 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home