Does anybody read these?

Monday, May 07, 2007

Today's grammar lesson

When adding y to words with a short vowel sound and one consonant at the end, the final consonant is also usually doubled, as in happy, foggy, sunny, and funny. However, when you want to add er or est to words which end in y, you first change the y to i. Have student add "y" to root words mud, fog, sun, fun. Then have them change the words by adding er and est.

Sorry, that was just driving me nuts, and I had to say something.

As you were ...

4 comment(s):

Yeah I just had to go there. Whenever you figure out what the hell suny is for could you please fill me in because I am completely lost because it is not even close to the name you were given.

By Blogger rosalie, at 5/07/2007 6:22 PM  

I love grammar lesson days. Let's start a blog. People just need to know.

My first lesson?

The proper use of apostrophe's.

Notice how I used it wrong? ON PURPOSE? Yeah. That's why we need a freakin' blog.

xo

By Blogger TanteToma, at 5/07/2007 10:48 PM  

To be fair, my nickname has always been Daisy, and it's a stretch from Laura. But it was given to me, and that's just how it is.

If I were going to pick a name for myself, I'd double-check to make sure it was spelled correctly.

Oh and SUNY stands for State University of New York for Yankees, Mets and Islanders fans, if that helps.

By Blogger Laura, at 5/08/2007 8:39 AM  

Yes but you also like daisies. I am pretty sure that if someone else were writing down that "nickname" it would have 2 n's.

By Blogger rosalie, at 5/08/2007 10:14 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home