Does anybody read these?

Monday, May 14, 2007

Seven days...

It's a birthday tag that I got from Myke, who got it from Elly.

Being that my birthday is next week (next week!), I thought it'd be appropriate.

1. Go to Wikipedia and put in your birthday, without the year, in the search bar.
2. List on your blog 3 events, 2 births, 1 death and 1 holiday that happens(ed) on your birthday. 3. Then tag 5 more friends to do it!

May 21

Three events:

1. 1674 - John Sobieski is elected by the szlachta to be the King of Poland. (because I'm Polish, too. Seemed appropriate!)

2. 1881 - The American Red Cross is established by Clara Barton. (Interesting, because when I was in grade school I did a paper on Clara Barton after reading a book about her at the library. I volunteered at the Red Cross for many years.)

3. 1945 - United States screen legend Humphrey Bogart marries actress Lauren Bacall. (Nothing really exciting happened on May 21, apparently, but this one looked good. Who doesn't love Bogey and Bacall? They got married in Ohio, a few hours from where my family is.)

Two births (besides me, apparently!):
1. 1951 - Al Franken, American comedian (We share not only a birthday, but similar political views.)

2. 1992 - Olivia Olson, American singer and actress (Love, Actually is one of my favorite movies.)

One death:
1935 - Jane Addams, American social worker, Nobel laureate (b. 1860)

One holiday:
Navy Day (Día de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.

May 21 kind of blows. Thank goodness I was born on that day, or y'all'd have nothing to look forward to ...

I'm supposed to tag three people ... hmmm. One4JC, Gerbera Daisy and Trying2hide, mostly because my friends are slow to the blogging world. I'm also going to throw in Andrea, for good measure!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home