Does anybody read these?

Monday, May 05, 2008

Vision Walk 2008

I've talked about my family's struggles with RP before here. My dad has it, two of his sisters have it, and I probably have it. And if I have children and they are boys, they will have it too.

There is no cure. At least not yet. That's where all my friends and family come in to this. At the end of this month, I am participating in Vision Walk, a three-mile walk to raise money to find a cure for eye disease and improve the lives of those with visual impairments.

I'm walking in honor of my dad. I'm walking so maybe if I can finally get this relationship thing right I can have healthy kids.

If you can spare a donation, even just a little bit, go to my fundraising page.

Thank you for your support, both financially and emotionally. I set a lofty goal, but I can't imagine that I can't raise that money if everyone in my family chips in. We've had a lot of heartache because of this disease.

1 comment(s):

It is a very worthy cause and I would donate if I could. I will be thinking about you as you make your walk.

By Blogger rosalie, at 5/05/2008 10:10 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home