Does anybody read these?

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Worth it?

So, last night I was jamming out to my imaginary boyfriend, Charles Kelley, singing the best Lady Antebellum song ever.

'Cause I been doin' fine without you
Forgettin' all the love we once knew
And girl, I ain't the one that slammed that door
Now you see a change of thinkin'
But I ain't got a heart for breakin' up
So go and pick your bags up off my floor
Oh, 'cause love don't live here anymore

Charles couldn't sing any truer words. Bags have been packed, and tears have been wiped away. Love don't live here anymore.

I wonder someday, will she look back and think that it was worth it?

She's alienated all of her friends over a guy who doesn't even care about her. It's not my place to worry about her -- she doesn't deserve it and God knows I have bigger things to worry about right now. I have friends who have real problems that they don't deserve and didn't bring upon themselves.

It's easy to see now why there was no room for me in her life. I would've been the one who told her it was a bad idea, just like she told me with Married Guy and Booty Call Michael. The difference was that I knew exactly what they were and came out relatively unscathed. I wish I could honestly think that's what would happen in her case.

I always used to think that she was so self-confident and wish that I could be a little more like her. Having recently had a run-in with someone who expected me to be like her, it's safe to say that I'm really glad that never happened. I have gained some self-confidence lately, but mostly it's because there's no one telling me that my boyfriend doesn't love me and everyone hits on her first. (Everyone DOES hit on my friend Mistee first, but we don't talk about it. Ha ha.)

I hope she finds whatever it is that she's looking for in life. I hope she comes out of the big, giant mess that she's in relatively unharmed. Maybe she'll grow up someday and really find that self-esteem she claims to have, because all I see is a scared, young kid who seems to get her self-worth by debasing herself.

I'll keep lighting her candle. God's the only person who can help her.

Song of the day: "Love Don't Live Here" by Lady Antebellum

2 comment(s):

Nice to see you getting back to Laura.

By Blogger rosalie, at 4/24/2008 4:18 PM  

Welcome back, friend. Love you!

By Blogger TanteToma, at 4/24/2008 5:42 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home