Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Blah

I have been crying off and on for two days now. Like crying to the point that I can't do anything else, not my normal misty-eyedness. I'm sure that part of it is PMS. I'm sure that part of it is not.

My life is in a very odd place right now. In some ways, I'm getting back to my roots. In some ways (I hope), I'm about to embark on some exciting new adventures.

We booked our house for vacation in November yesterday. Pictures soon come. I'm hoping I'll get more excited the closer that it gets. With my mood and everything else, I haven't given it much thought.

We're at my busiest time of the year for work. My awards program has ramped up, and I have tons of other stuff do this week -- dozens of press releases, a magazine, a newsletter, an article. Very busy.

But I needed to take a break to clear my head. Not that I'm telling you all much right now. I debated taking a break from blogging all together, but I figured I'd tell you what my life was like right now. If I disappear for a bit, now you know why.

I had my feelings hurt pretty badly last night, and I'm sure that's part of why I'm so upset right now. Yesterday was just a completely shitty day. I'm glad it's over, so I can work on today and all the todays in my future.

I don't know what's next. And I'm not sure I want to talk about it anytime soon, anyhow. I think I run my mouth too much. I said that to someone yesterday: "I'm just going to shut up before you get even more pissed than you already are."

At least I realized and stopped ahead of time yesterday. That's a new one for me. I still haven't opened my mouth back up, and I'm not sure when that's going to happen. I think I'd rather listen to the silence than say anything, and that's something new for me, too.

Really, I should be happy right now. I really should. And in many ways I am. I just have shit to figure out that's making my head hurt.

And to top it all off, Toyland decided to can someone, and they gave me her only shift this week. It coincided with my massage appointment, and I'm not particularly happy about it.

That's it for now. Stay tuned for a complete and total recap of "How Laura Got Her Groove Back" where I share all the gritty details of all things men for the last year, and then we analyze why the only one in my life who is not a shithead is one who loves me except for the fact that I have a hoohah.

Song of the day: "How Can I Help You to Say Goodbye" by Patty Loveless.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home