Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

So, what are you going to do about it?

I just got a "gentle reminder" that I hadn't filled out my TomTom customer satisfaction survey. That's what it said, "This is a gentle reminder that you haven't filled out your customer satisfaction survey."

I wasn't really satisfied by that. I get "gentle reminders" when I forgot to turn in my time-off request or sign out at work. I get "gentle reminders" when I forget to pay my credit card bills. But really, I don't owe the TomTom people anything other than the $75 (yay, sales) that I paid for my GPS unit. I don't have (at least as far as I know, I don't) any type of agreement that says "In exchange for you knowing where I am at every waking minute of my life, I will fill out your 10-minute customer satisfaction survey."

So, really there is no need to remind me that I didn't fill it out. Because, I'm probably not going to. And it's not like you can send Tom to kick my ass or stop giving me maps when I press the little button. I just don't have time, and, frankly, I don't really care enough to provide you with feedback. Even when I get pissed off, like I did at Walmart the other night, and SWEAR I'm sending in the survey just to be a bitch, I get busy or someone waves a shiny object in front of my face, and I forget about doing it. So, if I'm perfectly satisfied and don't know enough about how GPS works to recommend any type of constructive criticism, it's probably not going to happen for you.

Even if you send Tom to my house to kick my ass.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home