Does anybody read these?

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Destination: NashVegas (is this part three?)

I ended up only doing 2 miles instead of 3. One reason is because Sparky went with me and I was very concerned about the neighbor's dogs on this extended trip. If I do two miles, the only neighbor I encounter is my grandma and her cat has given up on trying to kill Sparky, or at least I think so... The second reason was because I was dragging ass today. I am not sure if it's because I was exhausted last night (I went to bed early last night and slept in today.) or if I am pushing myself too hard getting back into walking. I need to watch that. I think part of the reason I started doing half-marathons in the first place is because I'm notorious for pushing myself until I can't take it anymore. So even though I'm supposed to log more miles on Saturday because I have the time to do it, I decided to err on the side of caution and not push myself too hard. The last thing I need as I'm starting to get back into my workout routine is to cause an injury.

I am hitting the showers then I'm off to that picnic for work. I'm sure it'll be a nice time. At least I hope so. I should probably stop and buy something, shouldn't I? Oh, the point of this tangent was that I am all out of time for right now. Sooooooo...tomorrow (or maybe later tonight, depending on how my cleaning goes this evening) I will put up links to some training resources for the half-marathon for my friends I've conned -- ooops, I mean encouraged -- to join me in Nashville next year. It'll be fun!

Miles logged: 2.0

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home