Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Song of the Day

Today's song of the day gets its own special post. The song of the day is "When I Think About Cheatin'" by Gretchen Wilson, off her Here for the Party CD. I can't stand this song. I do not like the video; and I like the song less. I actually skip over it when I hear it or change the channel on the radio.

So, you may be asking yourself why that is the song of the day if I can't stand it. Well, it's to prove a point. You see, it was recently brought to my attention that some people think that you can't hate a song off a CD and still love the CD. And everyone knows that Here for the Party was my absolute favorite CD until All Jacked Up came out. It just trumps the first one. So, this is proof that you can love a CD more than any other CD without liking every song on it. God knows that I Will Stand is one of my favorite CDs, but that doesn't mean I've listened to "Steamy Windows" more than the three times it took to decide that I hated that song.

I heard from someone who might know that Kenny's new CD will be his best yet, better than I Will Stand. So maybe "Who You'd Be Today" is the "Steamy Windows" of this CD. That's what I'm hoping. I have been a fan of Kenny's for quite a while and I've bought every CD since No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems on the day it came out. This CD will not be an exception. It may take a while for me to warm up to it like When The Sun Goes Down, but I'm sure that it'll be a good CD. All of Kenny's CDs since Buddy Cannon started producing him have been great. And besides, everyone knows you get the best deal if you buy a CD the day it comes out because all the stores are having price wars!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home