Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Well, yipper skipper!

Most people who know me know I LOVE Motown music. I'm sure part of it is a byproduct of living in Detroit, but it's mostly because it's absolutely amazing music. I think it's a lot like country music in a way that it totally captured what was going on in a region in a certain period of time. So you can compare early Motown and what was happening in Detroit to what was happening in Appalachia when the pickers started making music that reflected the culture. Very cool.

Anyhow, my favorite Motown artist is Stevie Wonder. Hands down. Some of the stories I heard about this man while I was in Detroit are amazing. What a talented and kind man.

So why the yipper skipper? For the first time in 10 years, Stevie's back in the studio recording a new CD. I can't wait. It's been a long time.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home