Does anybody read these?

Friday, October 14, 2005

What a long week!

This has been a long week, and next week will be pretty busy too. I'm trying to figure out how to get about 4 more hours into my day. If anyone knows how, drop me a line. I will probably go the forgo sleep route. And if you don't see me for a few days, that's why. May drop off the face of the earth a little.

Went out to lunch with a co-worker today and had Indian food. It was good, and I was a little surprised by that. I'm not sure what I expected, but I enjoyed it. A little spicy, but it didn't kill me. I might check it out again.

I have a picnic tomorrow and I'm going to have to be very disciplined about my eating. I'll get up early and plan to do a 3-miler tomorrow, but I still don't want to blow it all with one meal. I really hate being at others' mercy on my food choices. When I was really serious about my diet I'd do things like take turkey franks and veggie burgers to cookouts. I will just make the best choices I can tomorrow, but at some point I need to get back into making all my food choices myself. I need to be selfish about losing this weight for a while.

Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! I almost logged off without the song of the day. It's called Good Ride Cowboy, and it's a tribute to Chris LeDoux sung by Garth Brooks. Yes, I said Garth. I think he's back, and I'm very excited. I am not the only apparently, because his song had the highest entry onto the charts ever. We've missed him. We're glad he's back. I've got my fingers crossed that he'll stick around for a while before he goes back into retirement. I hear a rumor that once you get that bug to hit the road in a bus and entertain the masses that you never really get it out of your system. I am sure that Garth is one of those folks. If you haven't heard this song, click on the title and it will send you to the web site of one of the songwriters and it'll start playing if you have Media Player. Let me know what you think!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home