Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Detroit what?

OK, I wanted to do that to Uncle Kracker all year and never found an accomplice... And I KNOW it's for basketball. But my Red Wings are back, baby! And even better yet, Ozzie is back in the net. Or he will be. He has a pulled groin and is out the first three weeks. Which makes me sad. Ozzie moves back to Detroit and gets a pulled groin muscle and I move away. Joey Harrington was also afflicted with this injury. Seriously, I could help if I were there. Honestly, purely as a good samaritan. Detroit wins. 5-1.

It's been a very long time since I missed Mike. But the return of hockey and especially the return of Chris Osgood as the Red Wings' goalie makes me want to pick up the phone. If I close my eyes I can see me and him sitting in the big living room of that big fancy house on Lake Loudon drinking LaBatt's and watching the 1998 Stanley Cup finals.

And because I'm very pro-Motor City today, the song of the day comes from Eminem. I was looking for someting in particular, but I can't find it. So "Never Enough" is a good runner-up.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home