Does anybody read these?

Monday, October 03, 2005

Harriet, who?

Song of the day: "Ready to Fall" by Shelly Fairchild. I heard this song today and I thought it was appropriate. I can think of someone I'd like to listen to it. I've got to run out and buy this CD. And Chris Cagle's. I am going broke on CDs lately...still more coming up too. Martina McBride's Timeless is next week. And just a month until Kenny's CD. I know that's hard to believe since there's been NO publicity on it. He's busy getting unhitched, you know.

Devastating news about this fall foliage boat ride that capsized in New York. I lived in Trenton for a while, and it was sad to hear about that. I just keep hoping and praying I won't recognize any names on the casualty list.

I'd say something about the new Supreme Court nominee, but I know nothing about her. My guess is no one does. I know she was listed as one of the nation's most powerful lawyers for many years now. That doesn't sound like a very judicial recognition. I also know that she said -- wait until you hear this -- that she believes that she's never encountered bias because of her gender. That everyone gets a fair shake if they work hard. Bring on the affirmative action cases! I just don't know if the President's personal attorney is qualified to serve on our nation's highest court. Word of the day: Filibuster.

I had a migraine for most of the day. Painful enough that I cried at one point. I'm calling it an early night. It was exhausting.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home