Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Old friends and good times...

In a frame in my room, I have a picture of me and my college roommates at Bethany's bachelorette party. Maybe at some point I'll scan it in and post it. I had the most fun ever when I lived with those girls. And it is interesting how you go into a situation not realizing what great friends you will be with someone and then you hit it off and the rest is history. Bethany and I both lived in the dorms. (We were sorority sisters.) Separately we decided to move off-campus. We ran into each other at the rental office of one of the apartment complexes. Instead of getting singles, we decided to be roomies. Only problem: they were all out of doubles. So one of the girls who lived down the hall from Bethany had mentioned moving off-campus too. So Bethany, Janelle and I had lunch and we hit it off and decided to be roomies. Stephanie (another of our sorority sisters) moved in while Bethany was in Mexico and never left when Bethie came back. The four of us had an absolute blast. Janelle and I barely knew each other when we moved in and we hit it off right away. We went grocery shopping together the first night and had so many great times. We may not see each other everyday anymore, but when we do it's like we never miss a beat.

We never thought that Bethany would be the first to get married or have a baby. But she was and we were all there for it. I don't think I'll ever forget her bachelorette party as long as I live. I don't know how she managed to live with us for a year and not build any type of tolerance for alcohol. That's still amazing. She was in Mexico the quarter that we took bartending class (and had LOTS of homework). Of course, had I been in Mexico I'd have majored in margaritas and minored in Coronas.

I have lots of great memories with Janelle. I just love her. Some of my favorites:
  • OU homecoming when we pretended we used to live in Wilson so the girlies would let us in to see the "devil door."
  • The night she broke her cell phone when she slammed it into a brick wall.
  • The year we went to Jamboree In The Hills and all weekend we fought (very loudly) who was hotter, Brad Paisley or Kenny Chesney. I STILL think Kenny won. (Amazing I remember that really...)

Steph and I had tons of great times too. I'll always be indebted for her letting me use her kitchen when I lived in the dorms. And when I was doing the long-distance thing and her apartment was half-way. Had many sleepovers on the way to Ohio Northern. For more sleepovers, lol.

So, today I'm waxing nostalgic about some of my longtime friends. It's amazing how one year of your life can change so much, isn't it?

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home