Does anybody read these?

Thursday, October 20, 2005

From the "random thoughts" file...

Everyday when I leave my room, I see a necklace made from a shrinky-dink and a piece of yarn hanging on the corner of my mirror. It was given to me by a precious little girl that I just adore. She's precocious and inquisitive and an absolute doll. And every time I look at it, I'm reminded of the realities of friendships as we get older. When you're my age, a lot of your friends have little ones, and as much as you get attached to your friends, you get attached to their kids. In fact, I'm headed off next weekend to attend a huge birthday shin-dig for two of my little buddies. But the reality is that as precious as these children are and as much as you love them and would do anything for them, if their parents stop loving you, you don't get to see them anymore. And in many ways, giving up those friendships can be just as hard -- if not more difficult -- than saying goodbye to their parents.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home