Does anybody read these?

Monday, October 31, 2005

I Don't Have to Be Me 'Til Monday...

Does anyone remember that Steve Azar song? I always liked it, and I kind of felt like it was me. My weekend started at 3:40 last Friday when I hopped in the car to go on my road trip to Indiana and all weekend I just hung out and didn't do a lot of anything. Even last night, I got home exhausted from 4 hours in the car. So, I caught up on my TV shows and checked my email and called it an early night. But this morning the alarm clock went off, and the reality set in. It was back to work, and I was working my butt off all day long. I've still got a pile of work on my desk and it's not going to slow down for weeks, if not months. I guess it's better to be busy than bored, so I won't complain too much.

Of course, in 10 days I am heading off on a long weekend trip, and I can't wait. I got my ticket in the mail today. It's a paper ticket. I haven't had a paper ticket since I went to Oklahoma in 1995. That's just crazy. Here's hoping I don't lose it. I'm so used to just popping my World Perks card in the little kiosk and going on my way. I didn't even know you could get paper tickets anymore. I need to start thinking about what I want to do while I'm out there. So far I've got get some Ethel M chocolate during Vegas layover, see the ocean and the spot where River Phoenix died, and that's it. That's all I've got. How boring am I? Pictures of the Hollywood sign? A tour of a movie studio? This might sound totally dorky but this guy I used to work with was the son of some famous Hollywood actor from the 50s and he is buried in that big movie star cemetery. Maybe I want to check that out? I don't know. All I know is that I want to do LOTS and only have three days to do it.

Oh, I am not sure what to say about the new Supreme Court nominee. I already miss the highly unqualified Harriet Miers. This guy's nickname is "Scalito" because he's a kinder, milder version of Antonin Scalia, apparently. What I've heard so far about him has been frightening. And unfortunately, I think he is going to get confirmed. I'm really going to miss my civil liberties once they're gone. I am sure I'll have more to say during this whole thing, but right now I am sitting here fascinated at the sheer ignorance of the uber-conservative Christian right. I absolutely, positively hate how they run this country. Of course, not like it matters, but I didn't vote for any of them. Ever.

My elbow is still killing me after my spill down the steps. I think it's just a bad bruise, but if it still hurts to touch it by mid-week, I'm going to have to go to the doctor and get it checked out.

2 comment(s):

The local stations seem to be playing this song a lot lately, so yes I remember it well and love the song.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/31/2005 11:21 PM  

I obviously heard it somewhere to get in my head again, but it was a blast from the past...perfect song for a Monday morning. And I don't feel as old as when I hear "Manic Monday" by the Bangles!!!

By Blogger Laura, at 11/01/2005 8:09 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home