Does anybody read these?

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Yay! It's fall!!!

I woke up this morning to a crisp autumn day. I slipped on a long-sleeved shirt and some jeans and went to work. It was sunny, but there were leaves on the road and a little chill in the air. This is my favorite time of the year. I just want to grab a blanket, a sweatshirt and some apple cider and hit a football game. It's getting to be the time of the year where I get ready for Halloween and tell ghost stories. I just can't wait. But, boy, how the year has flown by.

A few of my co-workers have decided to check out my blog, so I'll have to watch what I say. Nah, I just love them to bits. Working with them is definitely a bright spot in my day.

Song of the day: Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash. When I was driving to Cincinnati to see Kenny, I was on I-275 and I heard the story behind this song. I hadn't ever heard it before, and I fell in love with the song all over again when I heard it. June Carter wrote the lyrics to this song 5 years before she married Johnny Cash. She wrote this song about Cash because even though they were both married to other people at the time, she was in love with him and his volatile lifestyle was like being around a "ring of fire." Johnny had a dream that he was singing the song. He recorded it in 1963 and it remains one of the top songs of all time. They were married in 1968. Anyhow, when I heard that story (told by John Carter Cash), I realized that if two people are supposed to be together they will be, even if they have to take a long, windy road to get there. I needed that pep talk today. So, that's the song of the day. (And as I just typed this I remembered it was going to be "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts. I'm seeing a theme.)

Overheard about our newest Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr.: He's nicer than Scalia. Wow, that takes talent. Thank god he's not 50 years old appointed to a life-time position setting the Supreme Court's agenda and making decisions that will affect each and every one of us. Can't wait to see who'll be replacing Justice O'Connor. God help us all.

On the lighter side of the U.S. Supreme Court, did you see that they are taking Anna Nicole's Smith's inheritance case? I hope they'll let CourtTV put this on there.

2 comment(s):

Just thought I would let you know that you are doing a great job Laura. We have not been able to talk for a few days so this helps me keep up with what has been going on. Keep up the good writing. It should say work but somehow it just did not seem appropriate.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/30/2005 1:46 PM  

Work? Ha ha! I am trying. Honest. Tonight I think I'm going to talk about journalists. I am one, you know. No joke. :)

By Blogger Laura, at 9/30/2005 2:03 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home