Does anybody read these?

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Our fearless leader...

Earlier today I saw this story. I said to the girls at work that when I read stuff like that I feel like Bush is pushing a religious issue. That he's made this whole war in Iraq an issue about who's Christian and who's not. There are plenty of folks in this country who believe Muslims are bad people simply because they are not Christian, and I wonder if George Bush might be one of them.

So, after that rant earlier today, I wasn't shocked to see a story that Bush thinks God told him to invade these other countries. That's frightening. All the holy wars in the world were a bit scary without the U.S. being involved. I hope that it'll all work out OK, but I still haven't seen an exit strategy on this whole thing in Iraq. I really admire the men and women in our military and I hate to see them in harm's way unnecessarily.

Keeping with the theme of today's commentary, song of the day: "Bumper of my SUV" by Chely Wright. I love that song because I can relate to it. I am very much pro-peace, especially these days. But I support our military 100%. I think that's a lot of why I am so against the war right now. I spent time with veterans and active military over the past few years. We are all so indebted to our soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines. I appreciate what they do for us because it takes a very special person. I want them to be safe. They are moms and dads. They are sons and daughters. They are wives and husbands. And how many more flag-draped caskets do we have to bring home for absolutely no reason? It breaks my heart.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home