Does anybody read these?

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Where's Marc Antony when you need him?

I'll bet you thought this entry was about J. Lo's husband. I meant Cleopatra's main squeeze. You'll see what I'm alluding to. Just hold your horses. LOL.

I have this friend that we always teased about being Cleopatra. You know, the queen of denial? And she'd always get in her moods and say "I'm over here sitting on my river bank in Egypt, does anyone want to join me?" And we'd laugh at her.

Well, lately I've felt a lot like her. I'm sitting here right now staring at an email that's pretty damning and pretty conclusive. And rather than just shrug my shoulders and accept it as fact, I am turning it upside-down, inside-out, over and under to see if there's any way that the person who sent it could be wrong. I know she's not. She's a good person and she has no reason to lie, especially not about this. She has nothing to gain from it. I just keep thinking that someone has to be mistaken, there has to be a misunderstanding, someone has to be confused, when it's all sitting right there under my nose.

It's nice to have closure, but it sucks when it's at someone else's expense.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home