Does anybody read these?

Thursday, December 22, 2005

But I don't want to sell insurance!?!

This is what I hate about updating my resume on Monster, CareerBuilder, etc. I start getting calls from every person in America who wants me to sell insurance, sign up for a pyramid scheme, start a home-based business stuffing envelopes, etc. I'm not interested in any of those jobs. I will not be doing any of those things anytime soon. But I keep my resume updated in those places for two reasons:
1. A few years ago when I was looking I got a few calls from executive recruiters who apparently really do try to find the ideal candidate on there. One position was very promising, and I went pretty far in the process when they ultimately decided to shelve their search for financial reasons. I went through that A LOT after Sept. 11.
2. Some companies like you to send them the resume you have posted on the site. You have to do that "apply online" gig. I hate it, but frankly if it's the right job I'd do somersaults down Main Street.

So, today I get all excited because I get an email about a job and it's insurance salesman. Did you read people? I am not staying in Ohio. You could give me canvas bags full of money, and my hopes and dreams are still not going to be here. Secondly, I am not an insurance salesman. If y'all had heard me after I got off the phone after trying to buy some the last few weeks, you'd realize that I simply cannot put myself in the situation that people would talk about me like that. Some folks are fantastic insurance salesmen. I am just not one of those folks.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home