Does anybody read these?

Monday, December 12, 2005

Happy Holidays...

My brother lives in Miami. His girlfriend is from Mexico and he met her down in Florida. He has decided to start a new movement and she and her mother are joining in. Since I was discussing this topic on another blog, I decided it was worth a mention here.

They were discussing this whole Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays hullabaloo and my brother reminds everyone that "holiday" is actually derived from the words "Holy Days," which of course Christmas and New Year's are for us Catholics. So he decides that he is starting a crusade to say Happy Holy days instead of Happy Holidays. His girlfriend and the mamacita have decided to join his movement. As mamacita said, "We talk funny anyhow, so people will think we are just saying holiday."

So, the holy day/Christmas debate and my urge to blog about it reminded us of the Virgin Mary funyun and we got back on that topic at dinner tonight. My mom still thinks the Virgin Mary Funyun puts the fun in Funyun, but then she goes on to say that she did think the Virgin Mary appeared under the Fullerton Avenue overpass in Chicago earlier this year. Anyhow her sisters made called her a non-believer and on this, the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe. At our "Lupe" party at Casa Lopez! Well, needless to say a fun time was had by all. Unfortunately the giggles were at mom's expense. I'm just not sure. I thought the Funyun looked more like the blessed mother than the water spot on the overpass.

Tomorrow I'll write more about Guadalupe and post a pic from my trip to L.A. This weekend, weather permitting, I'm hoping to juice up the digital and hit the streets. When I get finished you can grab a cup of Nutcracker tea, curl up in front of the fire, put on the Larry the Cable Guy Christmas CD and see my Cavalcade of Redneck Christmas Decor slideshow!!!!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home