Does anybody read these?

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Holy Funyun, Batman!?!

Omigosh! Omigosh! It's a blogger's dream. Some guy in West Virginia found a Funyun -- yep, that's right the oniony snack made by Frito Lay -- bearing an odd resmeblance to the Virgin Mary and her infant son. And he posted it on ebay -- just in time for Christmas!!! And some nimrod bought it for $609!!!!

The former Funyun owner, John Mize, believes that the religious artifact/snack food brought him good fortune ever since he found it under the seat of his car last summer. He's graduated from law school, passed the bar exam and landed his dream job. All, he says, because of the spiritual good fortune of his Virgin Mary Funyun.

Really, really, I'm not poking fun. I know the Virgin Mary has appeared to people in the past. In fact, the feast day of Juan Diego was yesterday and the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe is Monday. I do not doubt that the Holy Mother appears to folks just like you and me right here on Earth. And I will never, ever doubt her healing power and ability to intercede on our behalf. But a Funyun? Maybe I should pay more attention to my snack foods. First a grilled cheese, now a Funyun. Who knows what's in my curly fries?

Here is a picture of the Funyun in question. It does kind of look like the Virgin Mary holding the baby Jesus. Perfect holiday gift, I guess...


(Photo courtesy of The Register-Herald, Beckley, W.Va.)

3 comment(s):

LOL Thank you I needed that laugh today. I am a Christian so I mean no disrespect but come on a FUNYUN!

By Blogger one4JC, at 12/10/2005 5:48 PM  

That's pretty much where I was with it too. A Funyun?!? LOL.

By Blogger Laura, at 12/10/2005 6:16 PM  

I'm wondering what kind of riches might await me under my car seat. Hmmmmm...

By Blogger Laura, at 12/10/2005 10:13 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home