Does anybody read these?

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Diet-friendly drinking

I'm a drinker. I'm also a chronic dieter. And while I have no delusions of LOSING weight over the holidays, I'd rather not gain weight. Not like I need a holiday to drink, oh no...

I know my rum and coke zero weighs in at 56 calories a glass (assuming I only put 1 oz of rum in. Laugh now, please.) But sometimes I like to have other drinks. I know my rum-runners, daiquiris, margaritas and pina coladas are only for special occasions because of the calories. Anyhow, when I logged on to AOL this morning, I see this headline: Calorie Game -- what is lurking in your favorite drink. Of course, I clicked.

My precious margaritas made the bad list, of course, along with a whole bunch of stuff I don't drink. Well, except for mixed drinks. (That really limits us, doesn't it?) Just use diet sodas (I said "soda," aren't y'all proud?) and no fruit juice and they aren't that bad.

The good news: Champagne, red and white wine and beer are your best bets.

Of course, most dieters will tell you getting your drink on is never a great idea, especially where there's food, because you tend to forget that you are on a diet and feel the urge to snack and over-indulge. I'm generally the opposite. When I drink, I drink. The exception generally tends to be at Mexican restaurants.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home