Does anybody read these?

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Thought Potpourri

This is a round-up of the random thoughts that have made up today's mental ramblings.

Throughout my life I've had dreams that either made perfect sense at the time or confused me, but that later on in life (sometimes soon, sometimes months later) ended up coming true. This summer I had a recurring dream that ended up coming true. Well, lately I've been having these very odd, vivid dreams. Most of them have been good. I just can't figure out if they are a sign of what is yet to come or just thoughts that entered my mind when I'm asleep. I guess we'll find out at some point.

Did you know when you have a webcounter on your site and someone finds you via Google Blogsearch that you can see what they searched to get to you? When I went on my Brangelina rant lots of folks saw that by searching for "Angelina and Brad." I am surprised how many people have searched to see who blogged about the Macy's Parade. And lastly, my apologies to the person who searched for "Church Humor" and got that Monica Lewinksy-inspired, photoshopped Church sign. Probably not what you were looking for. I just think it's fascinating what people are looking for on blogs. Actually how everyone gets to my site and who's on has always been fascinating to me; that's why I get those reports.

My mother wants me to credit her with bringing you the Jesus Funyun. She saw it in the paper as we were having dinner last night. However, it was I who busted her hump to get to the computer to share with all of you.

Did I mention today that I was really missing my Grandma at church today? I missed her a lot right after she died, because I was little and she and I were really close. But really in the almost-23 years that she's been gone, I can't think of a lot of times that I've missed her. She was the closest thing to a saint I've ever seen on Earth. I know she's happy as a clam in heaven with God. Why be sad and want her to be back on earth where her life was hard and her health was failing? But I missed her a lot today. Maybe it's because despite my joking I'm pretty sure she was up in the choir loft with me Wednesday. Maybe it's because I should've said a prayer for her that day and I didn't give it a thought until today. Maybe it's because we sang "Stainless the Maiden" today. All I know is that I cried at church today from missing her. I felt like I was 6 years old again realizing that I wasn't ever going to get to say rosaries and eat cheese balls with her (not at the same time, LOL) again.

I was talking to a friend from college tonight. She and I got to talking about jobs and futures and all that jazz and she tells me if I'm interested that her company has an office in Nashville. She said she knows it wouldn't be what I went to school for, but it'd be a good job and plenty of money and excellent benefits. So she told me that if I really wanted to move and was thinking about taking jobs that weren't in my field just so I could head South, that I might want to think about it.

The Colts continue to win. I am beginning to think they are unstoppable. Fingers crossed.

Does anyone else feel really, really bad when they meet someone who is a great person, but for some reason you don't feel like dating them? Yesterday I posted about not being 100% ready to date, athough I don't think the timing is ever 100% right. If you want to go for it with someone, go for it (unless you have a spouse or for some other reason shouldn't date), but with some people it's just not there and it doesn't look good that it ever will be. And I feel bad about it. I'm just not sure what you're supposed to do about it.

And one last thought: Have I mentioned yet today that I am going to the Caribbean? Yeah, I guess I have. Sorry. I'll shush now. But it's 30 degrees here and I need a ray of sunshine -- either figuratively or literally!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home