Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

A little humor for today...

I think I'm going to have a pity party tonight. I don't know why. I just don't feel like being witty and/or informative. And I should because the cute guy at church was definitely flirting with me at the church Christmas party tonight. It was kind of fun. He and I were the only single people. He's cute and I've always had a little crush on him, but I don't see the point in getting involved when I know I have to move away.

That wasn't the humor. The humor is a joke from Larry at church. Of course, I teach Sunday School so I'm not sure what he's getting at.

A new Sunday School teacher goes into a drug store and he sees the cigarettes behind the counter, and he decides not to get any. The clerk says "You're not getting any cigarettes?" And he says, "No, I'm teaching Sunday School now and I'm going to set a good example for the kids."

Then he stops at the convenience store and there is all kinds of beer and liquor. He looks at it, and thinks for a minute. The clerk asks him "Do you want any liquor tonight?" And he says, "No, I'm teaching Sunday School now and that wouldn't be right."

So, then he continues on his way home and decides to meet his lady friend at the local hotel. When he gets inside the desk clerk says, "Now Ed, you're teaching Sunday School now. Do you really think you should get a room here? Won't that send the wrong message to the kids?"

And he says, "Well, I thought about that. I'm going to tell them Sunday that there are ways to have fun without smoking and drinking."

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home