Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Peer pressure

So, I get an email today from one of my good friends. Our little Kenny World has been abuzz with this Caribbean Cruise he's got going on in late February-early March. Now, the Caribbean is nice that time of year, I'm sure. But it's the Bahamas, not Kenny's Caribbean. I hear the Bahamas are dirty, kind of scary and way too commercial. Light years' difference from St. John and the rest of the VIs. Then there's the issue of the price. A friend who's a travel agent says the mark up on this cruise is 100%-200%+ depending on which option you choose. That's ridiculous. I understand there are going to be some very cool folks on this cruise. (None of which are announced, just speculated. And Kenny isn't going to be on the boat. Seriously, he's not up to that. And shouldn't he do this for free anyhow? It's supposed to be for his fan club...Oh well, a whole 'nother therapy session...)

There's also the issue of being trapped in the middle of the ocean with some of Kenny's fans. When you're at a concert you can hide behind your truck while you tailgate or pop off to the ladies' room, pretend you're supposed to meet someone or yell "Hey, look, there's Farmer!" to get them to go away. On a ship no matter how far away they go, you're still in the middle of the ocean with them with no true way to get away if they really want to find you.

So, I hadn't intended to go. Not at all. And I was pretty sure that promises of the yellow-haired boy couldn't even entice me. (Which reminds me of yet another therapy session to be saved for a different blog...) But I keep getting love notes from friends who want me to go. Hmmmmmm...so tempting in a bizarre way.

For anyone who might be interested in the particulars, you can click here.

It's really not practical. And I don't think the money fairy's coming anytime soon. And if she does I should probably save it in case I don't find a job as quickly as I'd like...

2 comment(s):

LMAO. I feel exactly the same way. Now if he were actually going to be on the boat it may be worth it to go but since he won't be I will just save my money to put toward a concert or two next year. I could go to a whole lot of shows for what that damn cruise cost and probably have more fun.

By Blogger rosalie, at 12/07/2005 9:34 AM  

Well, you know what I said about it, but I can't let all my secrets get out :-)

I sent you an email. I guess we need to get to Jost Van Dyke anyhow. We'll save our trip to the Caribbean for that...

By Blogger Laura, at 12/07/2005 9:38 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home