Does anybody read these?

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Some notes on the news...

The train depot that Johnny Cash saved, moved and had down by the House of Cash is going back to Madison. This was an interesting article about it. The most interesting part? That they mentioned plans underway for a commuter railway in Nashville. How freaking cool would that be? Everyone knows I am not a big fan of driving and the only drawback to big city life in NashVegas is that it's not a big public transit city like DC, Chicago, New York. Hell, even some of the Los Angelinos take the subway now... But how cool would a commuter railway be? I'd LOVE that. Let someone else drive while you get caught up on your sleep or read the morning paper. I know when I worked out of our DC office and stayed with my friend in Maryland that I really liked that 45 minutes to unwind after work before I got home and started my evening.

OK, this is scary. I am sure Obie Trice got shot because he was Obie Trice, but if he didn't it wouldn't be the first time someone got shot driving on a Detroit freeway late at night. When I think about how many times I've driven from downtown to the suburbs on that expressway, it makes me a little nervous to hear something like this. And only 4 more weeks before all the tourists come! Yipper skipper!

I thought this article was funny. Anyone figured out the Tom and Katie thing yet? I'm waiting...In slightly related news, this Urban-Kidman thing was totally supposed to happen today and it's pretty late in Australia. I'm waiting Keithers. I just liked this article because it really poked fun at all the things we love to poke fun at about celebrities.

Last but not least, it's Bono and U2. And apparently he says the other guys think he's a bit bonkers with the charity work and political speech during shows and he thought they were going to kick him out of the band. To that I'd like to say: 1) U2 without Bono? Yeah, that sounds like a good time. And 2) I'd be a little sad if U2 weren't political. Listen to their music. That's just how they are. Yeah, if Bono starts passing a collection plate people might think it was bonkers. But otherwise, they just think it's Bono. And to use that huge global audience of his to fight poverty? Brilliant. If I could find one-million-plus people to listen to me spout off about things, I'd use that power for good.

1 comment(s):

But could there be U2 without Bono? I think people just expect him to be that way. I like him because he's very talented and it's nice to see a musician who cares. I'm gonna shush before I get myself in trouble with the lurkers. Shhhh...

By Blogger Laura, at 1/01/2006 1:45 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home