Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I could get used to this vacation stuff...

Our office is closed all week. Yesterday I napped on and off all day and got caught up around the house. Today, I am sitting here in my new bathrobe sipping some Sugar Plum Spice tea contemplating getting in the shower. I have to take my brother Luke back to the 'Burg today, and if we leave early enough (considering he's not here yet and we have to stop by my storage locker, early is a very relative term) then I'll stop at Target on the way home. I think I've mentioned to all of you what a major production it is to get to Target, which is easily my favorite department store. I will not miss that at all when I get to the Big City.

Speaking of which, I had the opportunity to go down there later this week and I toyed with the idea of getting a headstart on house-hunting and learning my way around town while my brother and his friends enjoyed the Music City Bowl. It'd have been convenient, because the one house that I would consider our frontrunner is not far at all from the Coliseum. The more I thought about it, do I want to take two days and drive 900 miles on short notice when my roommate might not be able to make it, when I know I'll be down there soon enough for interviews. What I figure is we can just take a couple of days when I have interviews meet in Nashville and go look around at neighborhoods and the houses that we're interested in until we find the right one. But I'll tell you, after the prices we paid for rentals in Detroit, I am getting very excited about the housing options there. And I was a little worried about traffic, but it won't be 8 a.m. on I-696 even if it does get busy...

What else is going on? I talked to one of my friends last night who is in Florida on vacation and ran into some Colts players at the hotel. She's from Indy, and by the time we were done talking last night, she'd decided to go to the funeral for Coach Dungy's son. I told her I thought it was a nice gesture. Apparently, there's quite a crowd of folks paying their respects.

I was going to go to Detroit today and get more of my stuff but I'm just not sure. I have lots of stuff to get done around here. I guess I can do that since I'm half-way there when I get to Luke's. I will just leave there by noon tomorrow and get back here tomorrow night. I guess I will go hop in the shower and then finish up that resume and cover letter when I get out so that I can drop it in the mail before I leave. It has to be there by Monday, and I don't want to chance it...Part of me is optimistic with the deadline being right after the holiday break, but another part of me wonders if it's already promised to someone. I guess we'll see. And I'm only out 37 cents, right?

1 comment(s):

With all the traveling you talked about it seems like the vacation is over! So much for napping on the couch again this week.

By Blogger one4JC, at 12/27/2005 1:01 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home