Does anybody read these?

Monday, December 26, 2005

The coolest thing ever...

I think the coolest thing ever might be the fact that every morning I get an email from Career Builder with all these jobs that I might want to apply for, and I weed out the crap and there's usually still 1-2 viable leads. I've had some interesting nibbles lately.

I am 110% OK with where I am professionally. I think a lot of the reason I've flitted and floated was because I had no direction. I just wanted a job. Well, I'm going to be a little pickier now because I can be. True, I'm about to be unemployed, but really it's not a bad thing. I'm trucking right along on the career plan I've charted for myself. And my current job just continues to piss me off. On Friday I hear my boss scheduling some sort of training for my entire team for the afternoon of my last day. Now everyone who's worked there, including the two folks who started the downward spiral with their shenanigans, has had a nice send-off when they left. It's looking like I won't be having one. Not that I mind. I really would rather just fade into the woodwork. But seriously, there's something that sucks about knowing that there's no way you're going to get surprised with even a lunch on your last day...

Still haven't figured out exactly what or when I'm going to tell my parents. I guess as long as I'm completely prepared to hear all the awful things they are going to say, then I'll be OK.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home