Does anybody read these?

Thursday, December 29, 2005

The highlight reel...

I am tired. I am going to have to get up early and do the stuff I didn't do tonight. I am out of energy and Mr. Migraine seems to be coming back. But I HAVE to get up early to get some stuff ready for the credit union and the post office, plus I have to find the title to my car so that I can new license plates tomorrow. I figure I need to be in town by 9 a.m., so if I get up by 6 a.m. I should be fine. If my sleep's as fitful as it's been the last few nights. I'll have no problem at all.

So, here's the highlight reel. When I get home tomorrow I'll tell you about the bank saga. I'm so past what happened on my trip at this point that it's getting a quick blurb here.

1. I upgraded my cell plan. I called last night because Gretchen and I had been IMing on my phone and I wanted to see how much that would set me back. It used to be a monthly fee. Well, the guy hooked me up with mondo minutes and text messages and I won't go over anymore which has been a big thing lately. My plan got changed when I got my new phone and I had gotten so frustrated every time I called that I almost gave up on it.

2. I walked two miles today. I'm pretty proud of myself. I ended up walking from Grandma's out to the highway, which was a great walk, but there is a new dog at their house and he followed me, and I only thought Sparky was bad on walks. Yikes. I am really surprised my aunt didn't take him when she went home tonight. He's a very lovable black lab. Probably not much older than a puppy. I almost didn't walk because it was raining, but I know I need to train in all kinds of conditions...

3. "Rock and Roll Pain Train" by Kid Rock. I love this song. And I forgot it was on my mp3 player. But as I was listening today I realized that musicians go through a lot of shit to be musicians. We put them through most of it. I know I couldn't do it. They're very special folks, don't ya think? Not put on a pedastal special. Just keeping us entertained special. And so many of them never make it big. Only like 10% of them actually ever make it to the point that they're music is their only job. Kinda scary? Not going to think about it anymore. I know the streets of Nashville are paved with broken dreams.

4. My trip. Here's the highlight reel. Had fun with my friend Virginia. Taught her about blogging and went to K-mart, which I love but we don't have here anymore. Got great storage tubs for cheap. Yay, after-Christmas sales. The apartment had no power. Turns out my brother and his roommate got a little hosed by his roommate's dad on the light bill. That sucks. It was cold. I think it'll get straightened out but it was just one more thing. I am doing a great job getting the place ready to move out considering I had no power. I'll be spending more time up there once I get done with work. I'm just going to help my brother so he can move out too. I wish he could live on his own, but it's just not likely. Not now, and probably not ever. But one thing's for sure, he's not going to be my responsibility anymore...I can't do it.

Will write tomorrow. Just don't have it in me today!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home