Does anybody read these?

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Sometimes plans change...

I just keep getting signs from God that I'm right where I need to be. How very exciting is that? Yes, I should probably be scared with everything going on, but I truly see it as an opportunity.

Today I talked to a very nice lady about a job in Nashville. It is right up my alley. They want everything in the U.S. Mail, so I went to Staples and bought some very nice resume paper. White linen. I need to clean my room when I get done blogging, so I'm thinking that realistically there may be no sleepytime tonight.

I had planned on coming home and doing all of this stuff, but I got a call from a former co-worker. This guy is pretty interesting and hasn't found a job and is pretty down on his luck. He's a folk singer and has written a few songs and put out a CD, of which I had planned to buy a copy. He called to tell me he might be leaving town and wanted to get my CD to me before he left. I told him that I was also leaving town so his timing was good.

I am a little short on money because I JUST sent a check for HUNDREDS of dollars to my piece of shit bank to cover all the fees I've accrued because they have trouble closing accounts when people ask them too (it's getting it's own entry, so stay tuned!) and, of course, my job is very finite at this point, but I figure it's Christmastime and I've heard rumors this guy isn't eating well because he has no job. So, I invite him out to dinner.

And we get to talking about the crossroads that we are both at in our lives. I tell him about the cuts at work and my master career plan and how my crazy ass is moving to Nashville with no job, and I also passed along a lead for a job here (I see NO point in applying for jobs here when I NEED to leave...) But we get on this discussion about the music biz and Nashville's vibe and he tells me that he thinks I am 100% on the right track. He said I have a love for music and I don't want to be in the spotlight, so the career path I've charted and what I am about to do is going to be great. He also says as a musician he can really see me moving up in the off-stage aspect of the music biz. I said something about coming home with my tail between my legs in 6 months and he said it's not going to happen. I needed that boost. Right now I need people to remind me that this isn't crazy. Or that if it is crazy, it's a good crazy that will lead to good stuff. Because whenever I tell my family that is NOT what I will hear. I am not a failure, I am making my dreams my reality.

This guy also got to talking about "meaningful coincidences" and serendipity and we got on this whole spirtual conversation that also confirmed that I am where I need to be. I believe that wholeheartedly. Yeah, it's scary, but nothing worth having ever comes easily.

I am glad that I had dinner with him, which I originally thought was going to be a MAJOR chore. Speaking of meaningful coincidences, I have to agree with him 100% that there was a reason God had him call me today. We both needed that dinner. I'm very glad that I went. And I told him if he ever gets to Nashville -- which he needs to because he could thrive there too -- that he should drop me an email and we'll grab a bite and catch up. It's the least I can do, really.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home