Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Does God talk to us through the radio?

JoDee Messina's inspired some fun moments in my life. I'll never forget the night, driving on the expressway when "Heads Carolina, Tails California" came on the radio and I ended up in Chicago 4 hours later. It just seemed like the right thing to do. Or driving through the backroads of Tennessee singing "I'm Alright" at the top of our lungs like there were no cares in the world.

I hadn't heard JoDee's new song "Not Going Down" until this morning. But when I turned on my radio and there it was, it was almost like it was a sign. These are the lyrics.

Guess what was next after I listened to JoDee completely mesmerized that someone put my life in a song? "Jesus, Take the Wheel".

So, I'm feeling like God's talking to me through the radio. Top it off with an interesting conversation with my friend Julie about the dreams I've been having, and I'm just beginning to wonder...

2 comment(s):

I can't believe you have not heard Jodee Messina's new album. It is her best one yet and you really should take a listen to the whole thing. Especially the song "Someone Else's Life" I really think you would relate to that song. There are a few others that I will recommend later.

By Blogger rosalie, at 1/10/2006 9:52 AM  

I keep meaning to buy it, it just hasn't happened yet. That song sounds really good, I'm gonna see if I can track it down online...

By Blogger Laura, at 1/10/2006 9:55 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home