Does anybody read these?

Sunday, January 08, 2006

What's next in Congress?

I live in Ohio, where a convicted criminal is our Governor and no one seems to care. Well, that's not true. It's kind of sad when you're so corrupt that Jay Hottinger calls for your resignation. But that was six months ago and Governor Taft keeps trucking along.

My point was that I'm not shocked by the Republicans' behavior anymore. I'll admit I was taken aback when a person with George Bush's -- ahem -- credentials received the Republican nomination for President in 2000. Still a little shocked when the U.S. Supreme Court handed him an election I watched him steal on national TV in 2000. And then it pretty much went downhill from there. The last five years in these United States have been frightening. I don't even know where to start. You all know the stats anyhow.

So, after Taft and Bush's antics and embarrassments, I really am not shocked to find out that they aren't the only crooked Republicans. This Abramoff thing is starting to heat up, but I'm slightly pessimistic that anything will be done about it. I guess the plus is that DeLay is not going to be majority leader anymore (finally, a Republican makes a good decision!) but after reading this article, I'm not sure that any of the choices that are left in the House leadership are any better. Not that I'm saying they're crooks, but I'm definitely not a fan of any of the Republican House leaders from Ohio like Boehner and Pryce or really anyone on this list.

And maybe people do care, because I read on Sheri's husband's blog that if the election were held today the Democrats would retake the house. I'm not saying I want all this BS to drag on for 10 more months or that I want Republicans to go to prison. I just don't want them to do bad things and get away with them like nothing happened, with or without legal consequences. I have no tolerance for folks who think they are above the law. On the plus side, my motto lately has been that Karma is a bitch, so I guess if nothing else they'll get theirs on the flip side.

Another thing I read there? There's a group that's trying to get Evan Bayh to run for President in '08. I got all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it. I might join that group. I might send them money and put their signs in my yard. Especially when I move to Tennessee if the fine Republican doctor who doesn't give me warm and fuzzy feelings decides to run. Some say he is, some say he isn't, but it's safe to say I won't vote for him if he does.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home