Does anybody read these?

Monday, January 09, 2006

So, I'm not sure how good this post will be. I'm kind of tired. I don't know why. I ended up working hard today. My desk is all cleaned out and just a little bit more on top of my desk. Then I'll have to organize a few files (that I'm guessing might've been a mess when I got them) and my computer. Don't have much motivation. Funny thing happened today. I hear the HR lady saying something about going home after work on the phone to her husband. Then I am wrapping things up in my office and she hasn't left. She even says something to me, kinda like she might be joking but most likely not about it being time to go home. I understand about disgruntled employees and such, but I'm not disgruntled. And it's not like I'm going to steal anything. I had to bring my pens and post-its from home. What would I steal? The illegal software that I have legal licenses (and more updated versions) at home? It's not like I could sabotage the company any more than they do on a daily basis. I just thought that was very odd. I am so glad to be getting out of there. And even if this interview doesn't work out (I just do not think the money is going to work), I am sure I'll find something soon.

So, after work I went to the funeral home for my aunt's mother-in-law. I got to see her sister who is 92 years old and moved to Florida a few years ago. She looked so much like her, and I finally told her the story about how one time I came to her house with my parents and we were probably there 40 minutes and I was just chatting away. We got in the car and I turned to dad and said, "When did Gertrude move?" and he told me it was her sister. She got a kick out of it. Then I was part of a case of mistaken identity. They had one of those photo collages at the funeral home (note to friends: when I die, I will haunt you if I have one) and this guy was standing next to me while I looked. Well, he asked me who was in the one pic and luckily it was my cousins, so I told him "That's Whitney and Zack and so on..." Apparently he thought I was someone else, because he says "Who's this? Our great grandma?" I didn't know this guy. And yes the lady who died was my cousin's grandma, but I really wasn't related to these folks. So I quietly slipped away while he wasn't looking...

I tried to go to Chinese buffet tonight, since it was my "free" night only to find out I really thought I wanted Chinese buffet more than I did. I just had a few bites. But bless the little waitress' heart, I got up to go to the bathroom before I paid my bill and I came back and she'd refilled my Diet Pepsi. I felt obligated to drink some more before I left...

Oh, one last note. HP wouldn't let FedEx leave my laptop so who knows when I'll get it. But if I have to drive to the FedEx office in West Virginia, they will NEVER hear the end of it...

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home