Does anybody read these?

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Great interview

Oh crap. That job interview was GREAT. It was fantastic. Everyone on the team is so nice. The job would be fantastic. They LOVE me.

Why is that a problem? The salary is a little low. The girls here tell me that I can live on it, but I am not so sure. I told the gal who interviewed me that I would crunch the numbers and look at what I could do and get back to her soon. It would be an awesome job. I just don't know if I can do it. It would be very tight. Very tight. But I would have flexible scheduling and I could use that to work on some freelance writing and PR to help pay the bills. I also have that money in my savings, but I can't live off the money in my savings as a supplement forever. Maybe I could get a second job just to pay off some of my bills just for now? To get out of debt? That wouldn't be hard in Nashville. There are plenty of places to work. Even if I worked weekends at Target just long enough to get some bills paid down that wouldn't be a bad thing.

I haven't gotten the job yet. But I loved the organization and the position and they sure do seem to love me. I just have to let her know if I am going to keep my name in the hunt within the next few days, which would guarantee me a second interview in Nashville. They might not even hire me.

I tend to think that I can make it work if this is where God wants me to be. I don't think I should withdraw my name now. I think I could be 100% happy there, and it'd definitely help me work toward my long-term goals. Because let's face it, my really long-term goals aren't even going to be an issue for a couple of years at least...

Any thoughts? I have a stack of applications to send out tonight, but if this is where I'm supposed to be it will be.

I guess we'll see...

3 comment(s):

If that is where you are suppose to be then it will happen. As for the applications keep sending them out and if not this then something else great will come along. If it is about the same as unemployment I might choose that to free me up to find something I really wanted. JMO

By Blogger rosalie, at 1/12/2006 3:51 PM  

God will make a way if He wants you there at that job. Maybe they will be so impressed that they will offer you a higher salary? Ok...it sounds trite...sorry I've had an "interesting day"

By Blogger one4JC, at 1/12/2006 5:54 PM  

If you're happy, money isn't going to matter all that much. You spend 1/3 of your day in work, you might as well have a blast doing it.

By Blogger Beth, at 1/12/2006 11:20 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home