Does anybody read these?

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Returning from the ledge...

So, aside from my recent post where my friends had to talk me down off the proverbial ledge, I haven't really had much to say. And hell, I don't remember most of what I said there anyhow. Usually when I blog drunk, it's fun. Sorry about that folks. And the rest of it's been pics and surveys and song lyrics, nary an actual thought amongst the bunch, really.

Anyhow, I figured I'd check in. It's been a busy day, or few days. Yesterday was a four-mile day at the gym. My time wasn't great, but I got it done. I am thinking that my favorite shoes have decided they've lived a full life and are ready to move on sneaker heaven because I keep getting blisters from them. Yesterday I kept going though. I just realized that I am going to have to replace my shoes. Kind of shitty time for that to happen, but it's inevitible. Might see if I can get the other pair I really love replaced in just a 1/2 size larger. Will keep you posted. Not like you care.

I found a recipe for soup that looked very similar to Campbell's Tomato Garden, which I love but is so expensive that I rarely buy it. For $3 a can, soup should cook itself and deliver itself to your bed. But it doesn't. So, for less than the price of one can I bought all the ingredients for a whole pot of soup that tastes even better. I liked it, but it wasn't "soupy" enough so I'll put another can of chicken broth in it next time. I think part of the problem was my canned, peeled tomatoes were not very juicy at all. It needed more liquid. And zucchini. Other than that, delish. If I'm never too lazy to sit down and type it in for you, I might just post it.

So tomorrow is my first day back at TOPS in a long time. I am looking forward to it. But I did weigh myself at home last Sunday and weighed myself again today and I had a loss of 4 1/2 pounds last week. I am pretty glad for that.

It's been a kind of lazy day, but I'm thinking that I need to go do a two-mile workout with my walking tapes and grab some dinner and clean a little. Still have a few dishes in the sink and need to boil some eggs for breakfast this week. I am kind of digging this diet thing and must never, ever subject my body again to the crap I've eaten the last few months. Except the occasional splurge at the Mexican restaurant...

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home